Today I am sharing the recipe of Spinach Thoran / Cheera Thoran .Spinach has high nutritional value and is extremely rich in antioxidants.It is a rich source of vitamins,calcium, folic acid,omega-3 fatty acids,iron etc....
Ingredients:-Spinach / Cheera - 1 bunch
Shallots - 7-9 Nos (or half of an onion finely chopped)
Green chilly -3-5 Nos (chopped)
Garlic - 2 cloves(chopped)
Grated coconut - 1/4 cup
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Pepper powder -1/4 tsp
Curry leaves (optional)
Salt to taste
- Wash the spinach well and let it dry thoroughly.Chop them finely.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add mustard seeds.When it crackles,add onion,garlic,green chilies,curry leaves and saute for a few minutes.
- Add chopped spinach, mix well , add turmeric powder.Cook uncovered in a medium flame for just 2-3 minutes and then add grated coconut, pepper powder and salt.combine well.And cook uncovered until all water gets evaporated.
- Serve with rice & Enjoy......
- Wash the spinach leaves and allow it to drain off water completely in a colander,at least half an hour before you chop them.This is done to avoid lumps in your Thoran /Stir fry.